Manager, Investment Services (Wealth Management)
For People. Not Profit.
Who are we?
Voted one of Canada’s Best Workplaces in 2011, at Community Savings we provide a promise and a commitment to provide outstanding service. Our employees provide undivided and individual attention to our members that is accompanied with a "glad to help you" attitude. We continue to rely on our founding principles, "people helping people." We embody the essence of a credit union with our fun and professional culture, and family-like atmosphere. Our Vision is to be the credit union of choice within the working community. Our Mission is to provide the working community a fair opportunity at a better life, by empowering them with banking products and investments that are always in their best interest.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Manager, Investment Services to join our team of passionate professionals!
The Manager, Investment Services will be responsible for servicing financial planning needs to our members by building credible relationships through integrity and exceptional member service. The incumbent will grow our members’ portfolios in addition to acquiring new business opportunities and promote a full range of investment vehicles with emphasis on mutual funds, deposits and investments to individuals within their portfolios. This unique and newly created position will be the direct contact for all existing and new members who have investable assets and require counsel beyond term deposits. The incumbent actively participates in all branch campaigns and promotions, and champions the Credit Union’s relationship selling culture by performing all aspects of this mandate in addition to following up on staff, member and non-member referrals and leads.
The ultimate objective is to ensure members receive the best combination of service and advice possible. The Manager, Investment Services would actively solicit members requiring insurance needs or advanced investment and planning needs.
What you can look forward to
- Providing high quality investment advice and services to new and existing members
- Identifying member needs and recommend or refer appropriate financial products and services such as retirement planning, estate planning, life and disability insurance services, asset allocation and risk tolerance
- You are the subject matter expert of a variety of Community Savings’ products and services in addition Financial Planning concepts
- Manages and contributes to portfolio growth by meeting referral targets and increasing product and service penetration of existing members.
- Provides seamless banking, loan, investment and insurance services to members by making referrals to other internal experts where required, and when outside of the scope of own responsibilities
- Promoting the Credit Union’s investment and insurance services through our selected providers
- Maintaining contact with existing and new Mutual Fund members to review their portfolios and cross-sell
- Developing and implementing an efficient and effective business development strategy reflective to the credit unions’ growth objectives
- Build collaborative working relationships and teamwork with branch staff to identify current and potential members with investment and financial planning needs
- Making referrals to other internal experts where required, and when outside the scope of own responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining an awareness of competitor’s products, services, and marketing initiatives, in key target areas
- Representing the Credit Union in the community by participating in local business activities and community functions that will enhance the image and promote the philosophies and principles of credit unions
- Flexibility to work out of our head office and six branches (Lower Mainland & Victoria)
What we require
- Bachelors of Business Administration degree or equivalent program
- Mutual Funds License (MFDA), expected to report (with proof) that the licensing is maintained
- Working towards Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities Course/Investment Funds in Canada
- Minimum three (3) years direct sales experience in Financial Services, with at least two (2) years of sales experience selling mutual funds and providing investment advice and financial planning services
- Advanced knowledge of Mutual Fund products and services and selection of appropriate mutual fund portfolios for our members
- Understanding of insurance products, including segregated funds, life and income replacement insurance products
- Knowledge of financial markets, trends, rates and scenario features
- Proven track record in member acquisition, networking and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make complex decisions using considerable judgement under general supervision
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a larger team
- Passion to support our members achieve their financial goals
How to apply
Qualified candidates interested in joining a winning team can send your resume and cover letter email@example.com referencing “MgrInvSrv201607” in the subject line.