Manage your banking with no surprises.
Manage your banking
with no surprises.
When you receive your new MemberCard, it’s important that you:
- Sign the back of the card on the signature panel
- Activate your new card with one INTERAC chip transaction using your PIN
- Destroy and safely dispose of your old MemberCard
Your MemberCard gives you access to thousands of ding-free® ATMs across Canada that save you from the surcharges you’d pay on other ATMS when withdrawing and depositing funds, and checking your balance.
Download the Locator App to find the nearest ding-free® ATM to you.
Click here for a full list of Community Savings ATMs and branches.
Free buyer protection
For a full 120 days after purchasing, retail items bought with your MemberCard are protected-- even if they’re gifts, even if they’re stolen, dropped, broken, or consumed by a fire, and even if you paid by cheque (as long as that cheque is drawn on your insured account). Valid claims will be satisfied either by replacing the stolen or damaged item, or with a cash payment in an amount that does not exceed the total purchase price.
Free extended warranty
Manufacturers typically offer a one-year warranty. Your MemberCard doubles that. MemberCard purchases are protected under the terms of the original warranty, plus one additional year, for up to 5 years of coverage.
Contactless purchases have the following daily limits:
Total contactless spend limit: $400
Default contactless limit: $250*
Petroleum contactless limit: $250*
Groceries contactless limit: $250*
MemberCard Interac flash limits have increased to $250!
To activate the new limit, you need to make 3 contact transactions (inserting card with PIN entry) Once the 3 consecutive contact transactions have been completed, the flash limit will be updated.
Once a limit is reached, you’ll be required to enter your PIN in order to reset it.*Some merchants may have set different contactless limits than shown above.
*Some merchants may have set different contactless limits than shown above.
®INTERAC Flash is a registered trademark owned by Interac Inc, used under license.
CRA Direct Deposit
Get your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) benefits faster. Receive your deposits and benefits quickly and securely into your CSCU account.
Working with our partners, we now have a fast, convenient and secure way for members to sign up in online banking and receive any amounts to be paid to you by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Fraud prevention: The CRA or your financial institution will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided. If you submit multiple requests to update your direct deposit information, the most recent enrolment you complete will become the account on file with the CRA. Direct deposits will only be made into one account, at one financial institution.
You can receive these CRA payments faster through direct deposit:
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit
The Canada Recovery Benefit
Income tax refund
Canada child benefit
Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
Canada workers benefit
Related provincial and territorial payments
We are here to help you set up direct deposit with CRA for the first time or to change your existing direct deposit information at another financial institution to your Community Savings account. This will replace all previous CRA direct deposit authorizations.
To set up CRA Direct Deposit, complete the following steps:
- Log in to online banking on comsavings.com (desktop)
- In the left hand menu, select Account Services
- In the submenu, select Set Up CRA Direct Deposit
- Select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into
- Read the Payment Information and click Next
- Review the information
- Click Submit
Securely transfer money between your accounts with Community Savings and other Canadian Financial Institutions.
Me-to-Me Transfers and Me-to-Me Business Transfers give you greater control over your financial affairs.
- Me-to-Me Transfers are not available for personal accounts that require more than one signature to perform a transaction.
- All Me-to-Me transfers are free. If you have a packaged chequing account, these transfers don’t count towards your eligible monthly transactions.
How quickly is the money transferred?
Community Savings sends the funds in real-time, but a transfer can take up to 5 days depending on the other Financial Institution. There may also be a 3-day hold placed on incoming funds by the receiving institution for security reasons.
Can I schedule automatic transfers?
Yes, you can set up daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly transfers. We recommend transferring funds 3 days in advance of when the money needs to be accessed to allow for any security holds.
Can I transfer US funds?
No, transfers can only be made in Canadian funds.
How do I set up a Me-to-Me transfer link?
- Log in to online banking
- Click Transfers
- Click “Add a link to an Account at another Financial Institution” and follow the prompts.
- Activate your link with a cheque from the other Financial Institution or a pre-authorized debit:
- Cheque: Including a personalized cheque for $1.11 with your External Account Link Authorization form, will let you use your Me-to-Me link within 5 business days.
- Pre-authorized debit: Send in your External Account Link Authorization form and watch for a pre-authorized debit for an amount under $1.00, automatically initiated by Community Savings. When you see it, call us at 1-888-963-2000 and inform the representative that you are calling to activate a Me-to-Me link.
Note: Your external accounts must be activated within 45 days of the request, otherwise we’ll need to cancel it.
How do I perform a Me-to-Me transfer?
Once the Me-to-Me Transfer link is established, you’ll see your external account(s) in the “Transfer From” and “Transfer To” drop-down fields in MemberDirect’s Transfer Funds page. Now, you can quickly and securely manage your money across all of your accounts.
Fast. Convenient. Secure.
With features like Autodeposit and Request Money, INTERAC® e-Transfer is the best way to send, request, and receive money from anywhere in Canada. All you need is access to Community Savings’ Online Banking or Mobile Banking App and the recipient’s email address. With E-Transfers, you can:
Keep your personal information private.
Have your money automatically deposited into your account.
Remind a friend they owe you money easily, with Request Money.
- Per transfer maximum: $3,000
- 7-day maximum: $7,000
- 30-day maximum: $15,000
Autodeposit automatically deposits incoming e-Transfers into your account and sends you a deposit notification.
To set up Autodeposit, complete the following steps:
- Log in to online banking
- Go to Transfers > Send Interac e-Transfer
- If you haven’t yet, select Create Your Sender Profile and complete that process
- Click Autodeposit
- Enter or confirm your email address and select the account you want to use
- Read and agree to the conditions to continue
- Click Register. You should receive a message confirming that an email has been sent to you to complete registration. Be sure to open the email and confirm within 24 hours
- Click Done
- Open Autodeposit Registration email and click Complete Registration
Switch your payments. Ditch the hassle.
clickSWITCH makes switching your automatic payments and direct deposits fast, secure, and free. Use this service when transitioning your accounts, and within 10 minutes you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that you won’t miss a single payment.
- Change financial institutions without hassle
- Switch direct deposits and automatic payments safely and quickly
- Save hours of time with just a few clicks
- Start right away with little paperwork involved
- Track your switches and get real-time switch notifications
- We’ll initiate closing out your previous accounts
7 steps and you're done.
- Log in to your new, CSCU online banking account
- Go to Payments on the left menu
- Click on Switch Concierge
- Read the terms and conditions
- Switch your direct deposits and automatic payments
- To use your old account to automatically find and move recurring transactions, log in to clickSWITCH Assist
- Get real-time notifications
Anywhere. Anytime. Around the world.
Community Savings has partnered with AFL International Transfers to provide CSCU Members the ability to make international money transfers through online banking anytime, anywhere. Funds are conveniently sent directly to your recipient’s account.
- Convenient, 24/7 access: Members now have access through online banking, anytime they want, from any device
- Simple Online Registration: First-time set up is simple and includes integrated, automated identity verification
- Account to Account settlement: Transfer is sent directly to the recipient’s account
- Quick delivery: Next day settlement in North America; within two business days internationally
Visit our FAQ section to learn more about international transfers
It’s easy to make an international transfer.
Make a transfer in these simple steps:
- Login to CSCU Online banking and go to transfers in the left menu bar. Click on International Transfers.
- Compete your one-time registration by clicking on the Continue to International Transfers button.
- Add your recipient information
- Book your international transfer