Personal Information Consent
I consent to Community Savings (the "Financial Institution") and its agents and representatives collecting, using, and disclosing my personal information as follows:
- to obtain, verify, and maintain records of my identity, employment, residence, credit (excluding a full personal credit report), and other personal information about me, in accordance with the Financial Institution's requirements to manage its risk arising from its operations or as otherwise required by law, including money laundering laws and regulations;
- to authenticate my identity using the services of third parties;
- to enable the Financial Institution to adequately assess, from time to time, the risks associated with
- opening and operating the account, including any future accounts,
- any present or future application for credit,
- providing financial products or services requested by me,or
- the continued provision of credit or financial products or services to me or others for which I am financially responsible, all of which may result in the granting of credit, or granting of interim provisional credit to me which makes my personal information, including credit information, relevant to the Financial Institution's assessment of risk;
- to facilitate the collection of debts owing by me, or for which I am financially responsible, to the Financial Institution;
- to obtain records (excluding a full personal credit report) containing credit and other personal information about me from any person or source, from time to time, including other financial institutions or credit reporting agencies, for any of the purposes listed herein, or any purposes as otherwise may be reasonably necessary to provide financial products or services I have requested from the Financial Institution for myself, or as otherwise may be permitted or required by law;
- to protect me or the Financial Institution from error and fraud, such as identity theft; and
- to process this application, to provide and administer the account and related products and services for me, and to ensure my records are kept separate from others with the same name.
I also consent to the Financial Institution and its agents and representatives disclosing my personal information to the following:
- suppliers of products and services to me or the Financial Institution, including data service providers, cheque printers, and card manufacturers located in other countries, affiliates of the Financial Institution, provincial or national central credit unions, or trade associations in connection with providing and administering the account and related products and services for me; and
- participants in the payment and clearing systems in connection with providing and administering the account and related products and services for me and to other financial institutions that I request pay cheques drawn on the Financial Institution.
I understand that if my personal information is disclosed to service providers located in other countries, my personal information may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies.
Social Insurance Number for Administration Purposes Consent
I consent to the Financial Institution and its agents and representatives collecting, using, and disclosing my Social Insurance Number (the “SIN”) to administer the account; to keep my records with the Financial Institution separate from other individuals with the same name; to identify me, and to enhance the accuracy of verification of my identity using the TransUnion authentication tool.
How to Withdraw Consent
I can withdraw any consent I give in this application for the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information at any time by contacting the Financial Institution, using the contact information available on this website. I may be asked to provide a request in writing.
If I withdraw my consent, the Financial Institution may no longer be able to provide me with a product(s) and/or service(s).