Virtual AGM FAQ
Virtual AGM FAQ
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our concern for the health and safety of our members and employees, we will not host an in-person AGM this year. Instead, please join us online on February 9.
How do I connect to view the AGM?
- A few days before the AGM, we ask that members pre-register by going to www.comsavings.com
- Scroll down to the Annual General Meeting section
- Follow the prompts
How do you know I am a member?
Upon registering to attend the AGM you will be asked to enter in your member number or/and:
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
We will verify each member’s eligibility to participate in the meeting, vote and ask questions. Those not eligible to participate as members are welcome to attend as guests. Please note that guests will not have the ability to vote or ask questions.
Who is an eligible member? One who:
- Was a member as at October 12, 2020
- Is 19 years of age or older
- Is not in default of more than 30 days for any loans or obligations with Community Savings
How do I ask a question during the AGM?
- Please email us here by 2 p.m., February 1st, 2021
- Questions will be themed and where possible, answered during a scheduled Q&A portion of the agenda
How will my votes be recorded?
During the AGM, eligible members (as determined when registering) will be asked to vote on a number of items.
You will be prompted on-screen when it's time to vote. Your responses will be recorded anonymously.
What application is being used to host the AGM?
An online audio and web conferencing platform (Zoom) is being used that allows our members to participate in the AGM.
What kind of computer do I need to participate in the AGM?
Just about any home computer, tablet or mobile phone with an internet browser and a good connection to the internet may be used to participate in the AGM. Most versions of popular internet browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox) will work.