Skip to main content

While life insurance protects your loved ones after you pass away, living benefits insurance protects you and your dependents in the event that you suffer a change of health that impacts your ability to provide for your family.

Living benefits insurance typically covers three types of insurance protection: disability, critical illness, and long-term care.


Disability insurance

Disability insurance works by providing financial protection within a percentage of your monthly income, to a maximum of 66.66%. If you become disabled, you will continue to receive a monthly income to support ongoing costs, helping you maintain your standard of living. Disability insurance is a product in which rates are impacted by a number of factors, including occupation, lifestyle, etc. The lower your risk is, the lower your rates will be.

Critical illness insurance

Critical illness insurance pays out a one-time lump sum payment in the event of a specified medical event. Unlike the regular monthly payments under disability insurance, critical illness insurance is designed to provide financial support to help you overcome very specific medical circumstances.

Long-term care insurance

Like disability insurance, long-term care insurance also provides a regular monthly income to support you, if you require assistance with daily tasks, such as meals, bathing and managing medications. Long-term care insurance can be individual or joint coverage, with a spouse. In the event that you require transfer to a long-term care facility, the monthly payouts under long-term care insurance are doubled.




Community Savings has partnered with G&F Financial Group and insurance products are offered through G&F Financial Group Insurance Services Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of G&F Financial Group. This website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific insurance, financial, investment, tax, or other advice to you, and should not be acted or relied upon in that regard. Insurance products are underwritten by certain licensed insurance companies and are only available throughout British Columbia, Canada.